Academia & Research
Work Experience (Industry)
- May 2016 - May 2018: Post-Doc - Department of Information Security and Communication Technology, NTNU;
- Jun.2014 - Dec. 2015: Post-Doc - Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Bucharest;
- Oct. 2010 - Sept.2013: PhD - Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Bucharest; Thesis Title: Secret Sharing-based Group Key Establishment; [PhD Summary (RO)] [PhD Thesis(EN)]
- Oct. 2008 - Jun. 2010: Master Degree - Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Bucharest; Thesis Title: Secret Sharing Schemes;
- Oct.2004 - Jun. 2009: Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications (Specialization: Software for Telecommunications Networks) - Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology, POLITEHNICA University of Bucharest; Thesis Title: Security of GSM and UMTS Networks;
- Oct. 2004 - Jun. 2008: Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Computer Science - Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Bucharest; Thesis title: Cryptanalysis of Public Key Encryption Systems.
Training & Certificates
- Mar. 2012 - May 2012: Innovation Manager - Ministry of Labour, Family and Social Protection, Romania & Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sports, Romania;
- 2005: Cisco Wireless LAN Support Specialist - CISCO;
- 2002: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - CISCO.
Cryptography Schools & Training
- Attender: COST Action IC1306 CryptoAction Symposium, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (27-28 Mar. 2017);
- Attender: 2016 Winter School on Quantum Security, Technische Universitat, Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany (25 - 29 Jan.2016)
- Student: Cybersecurity and Its Ten Domains, Dr. Humayun Zafar, Mr. Andy Green, University System of Georgia, online on Coursera
- Attender: COST Action IC1306 Working Group WG2 Meeting, Sofia, Bulgaria (26 Apr. 2015);
- Student: Cybersecurity Specialization: Usable Security, Cryptography, Software Security, prof.dr.J.Golbeck, prof.dr.J.Katz, prof.dr.M.Hicks, University of Maryland, online on Coursera
- Attender: COST Action IC1306 School on Cryptographic Attacks, Porto, Portugal (13-16 Oct.2014);
- Attender: UbiCrypt Summer School - Crypt@b-it 2014, Ruhr-University Bochum (RUB), Bochum, Germany (28
Jul. 2013 - 1 Aug.2014);
- Student: Securing Digital Democracy, prof. J.Alex Halderman, University of Michigan, online on Coursera;
- Attender: Crypt@b-it 2013, B-IT Bonn-Aachen International Center for Information Technology, Bonn, Germany (29 Jul. 2013 - 2 Aug.2013);
- Attender: Crypt@b-it 2012, B-IT Bonn-Aachen International Center for Information Technology, Bonn, Germany (16 Jul. 2012 - 20 Jul. 2012);
- Student: Cryptography I, prof. D.Boneh, Standford University, online on Coursera;
- Attender: ECRYPT II - Design and Security of Cryptographic Algorithms and Devices, COSIC (Computer Security and Industrial Cryptography research group), Albena, Bulgaria (29 May 2011 - 3 Jun. 2011);
- Attender: Crypt@b-it 2010, B-IT Bonn-Aachen International Center for Information Technology, Bonn, Germany (2 Aug. 2010 - 6 Aug. 2010);
- Attender: Security Kaleidoscope Design: The Different Colors of Security@IT, Brno University of Technology / BEST Brno, Brno, Czech Republic (28 Jun. 2009 - 11 July 2009).
Stipends & Awards
- Jun.2014 - Dec. 2015: POSDRU/159/1.5/S/137750, ”Project Doctoral and Postdoctoral programs support for increased competitiveness in Exact Sciences research” cofinanced by the European Social Found within the Sectorial Operational Program Human Resources Development 2007 – 2013
- Oct. 2011 - Sept. 2013: POSDRU - supported by the Sectorial Operational Program Human Resources Development (SOP HRD), financed from the European Social Fund and by the Romanian Government under the contract number SOP HDR/107/1.5/S/82514;
- September 2013, 22-27: Participant at Heidelberg Laureate Forum - Abel, Fields and Turing Laureates Meet the Next Generation.
- May 2011: 3rd Prize at the Romanian National Contest of FameLab - Talking Science; FameLab - Talking Science is an international competition in science communication. In 2011 I have proudly participated to the national edition and managed to obtain the 3rd prize. See the entire show on YouTube - my presentation starts at minute 34 (Romanian only).
- Aarhus Crypto Group, Department of Computer Science, Aarhus University, Denmark (12 January – 13 February 2015).
Editor / PC Member
- RCD 2019: Romanian Cryptology Days, Bucharest, Romania, September 16-18, 2019 - PC member
- SecITC 2019: International Conference on Information Technology and Information Security, Bucharest, Romania, November 14-15, 2019 - PC member
- NISK 2019: 12th Norwegian Information Security Conference 2019, Narvik, Norway, November 25-27, 2019 - PC member
- The 4th IEEE Cyber Science and Technology Congress, Fukuoka, Japan, August 5-8, 2019
- BalkanCryptSec 2018, 3rd International Conference on Cryptography and Information Security September 20-21, 2018 Iasi, Romania - PC member
- 11th World Conference on Information Security Education, WISE 11, Poznan, Poland, September 18-21, 2018 - PC member
- NISK 2018: 11th Norwegian Information Security Conference 2018, Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Norway, September 18-20, 2018 - PC member
- The Fourteenth International Conference on Networking and Services ICNS 2018, Nice, France, May 20-24, 2018